Hiking is fun and can be one of the best low-impact workouts too. But that is not all; it is also one of the best ways to de-stress.
If you are currently preparing as a new hiker but do not know where to start, try to list down all the essential things for hiking and you can go from there. Fortunately, here are the top hiking essentials that were listed just for you to make things easier for you:
General Hiking Essentials
One of the most essential items that you need to prepare is your hiking gears. But before writing anything on your list, have you decided what type of hiking will you be joining? There are several types of hiking and each one is planned with different hiking essentials. For instance, day hiking (a type of hiking that is completed a single day) you should bring the following:
- Backpack for hiking
- Hiking clothes that are appropriate for the weather
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes; if you are expecting a muddy and wet trail, hiking boots are the best option. At https://hikers.shop there are useful tips on how to choose the best hiking boots.
- Enough food and water
- Navigation tools such as compass and topographical map. Also, you may use GPS that is designed for hiking.
- First-aid kit, emergency kit (whistle, spare batteries, and more), duct tape, and hiking rope.
- Multi-tool or knife
- Sun protection
If you and your hiking buddies are going to spend the night at the campsite, you should bring these additional items:
- Extra food and water
- Headlamp, lamp, and flashlight
- Fire supply (waterproof matches or a lighter and butane or hiking gas canister)
- Durable tent
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking cooking tools and utensils
- Toiletries and trash bags (do not leave any trash)
- Insect repellant and blister kit (you’ll find these very useful)
Additional Hiking Tips
As a beginner, hiking wouldn’t be easy, but that can be solved through the following hiking tips:
- Join a group of hikers; do not go alone. You may hike with your family or friends at nearby hiking destinations for beginners, but it would be wise to have someone that knows about hiking.
- Plan with your hiking buddies; planning where to go to and what to bring will help you lessen your hiking loads.
- Do not forget to bring hiking essentials.
- Tell a close friend or family member that you’ll be hiking; make sure to tell them which destination and how long will you be gone.
- You need to pack a lot of patience, focus, and endurance.
Hiking is fun and exciting. However, some trails need your patience and endurance. If you are new to hiking, you should follow the hiking rules, join a group of hikers or go hiking with your family or friends, plan your hiking adventure, hike at a nearby hiking destination for beginners, and bring all hiking essentials.
To get additional details about hiking, try to visit Hiker Shop’s website.